Monday, January 24, 2011

Birthday time...

Birthday. Ezra's 2nd birthday. Seriously? I can't believe it.

Ezra will be 2 on March 3. I really am so excited, but I just can't believe it's time to start thinking about it! You might be thinking, "That's March, and this is January. Calm down." But last year, we started a pretty effective saving strategy for Ezra's birthday. We had been setting aside money for Christmas for several months. After Christmas, we decided that we would continue setting money aside, but for his birthday. So that's what we're doing now.

Last year was SO much fun. We did the big 1st birthday party thing, with lots of people, all the people who love Ezra. I wouldn't change ANY of it. But, we don't want to do something big and huge for his 2nd birthday. We want to have it in our house (which is small) so we've got to plan accordingly.

I'm feeling more "do-it-yourself" this year (which I'm sure I'll later regret). Instead of a big fancy bakery cake, we'll be making cupcakes a decorating them ourselves. We're going with a sports theme, so all the cupcakes will be different (baseball, basketball, etc.) We're going to print our own invitations, do some simple decorations, so on and so forth.

We had to make a tough decision about this party....we're not having our family there. Yikes! That sounds really mean! But there is a logical reason: Our house is small. We don't have room for friends and family. And we'll be in Nashville two weeks later, so we'll do party stuff down there with them at that time. I think it's the best decision all around.

I can't wait for his big party day, but I'm getting a little freaked trying to figure it all out right now! And that's my problem...I don't have to figure it all out right now. So, Stephanie, take a deep breath. And calm down. Enjoy this time. It's priceless.

1 comment:

  1. Let me know if you need any help at all! =] love you guys!

    ReplyDelete