Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Toney Christmas, Part 1


We had such a great Christmas this year! Last year was great (Ezra's first Christmas), but this year was so much better because he knew what was going on! Our Christmas season was pretty hectic, but I'll catch you up as best as I can.

In mid-December, we were a part of Christmas at Crossroads, our church choir and orchestra's Christmas musical. Here are some photos that I stole from a friends facebook :)



This is the full stage. This was our rehearsal night, but it gives the full effect. The band was up on scaffolding behind us.



The worship center from way in the back. Awesome.



Steven, doing his singing thing.



I got "asked" to do a drama during a song. It was powerful, but it felt weird doing it. I haven't done that stuff in forever!


That weekend, we got our first snow of the season!! It was beautiful, but bitterly cold. We braved the weather to go to a friends 2nd birthday party. Totally worth it! And school was cancelled the next day! Later that week, we had freezing rain, so no school again! Good week.

My class had a Christmas party, and I got SPOILED. But I think EZRA was more spoiled than me!! Here are a couple of his gifts from my students:


Ezra's new shirt! When I showed it to him, he immediately started taking off his own shirt so he could get THIS ONE on!



This is an Elmo doll that does......drum roll, please.......THE CHICKEN DANCE!!!
It is pretty funny. But we've heard the chicken dance song a LOT of times. Elmo might need to "go night-night" on a very high shelf!


The first weekend of my Christmas break was the Student Weekend in Worship Services. I was privileged to work with these students and to help with the planning process. It was hard, stressful, and I thought I might hurt some people sometimes. But in the end, God had woven everything together so perfectly and it was an amazing weekend! Led COMPLETELY by students (OK, except for the worship leader and preaching pastor. But everyone else? Students).

Then Christmas break began! Steven was still working, so I took Ezra to daycare each day and found things to work on outside of our house. If we were all in our house, there's no way Steven would get any sleep. I did get to help with Ezra's Christmas party at daycare! Ezra acted so weird, though. As soon as he saw me, he started crying. And he wouldn't do anything unless I forced him to! Not my normal strong-willed, independent guy. But it was still fun!


This is Ezra sitting next to me after he's finished crying, but refusing to go play ANYTHING.


He finally went to play with the drums (go figure), and he wore a Santa hat for about 2 seconds.



Playing with one of his best buddies.



The rice table. The kids were fascinated by this!



We ended at the coloring table. He colored with about 10 crayons in his hands.


Well, this post is already pretty long, and I really must feed my family tonight. I'll finish up our Christmas fun in another blog sometime soon. It will include: Christmas Eve, opening presents, fun in the snow, and traveling to Nashville!

Until then....Happy Sunday. And Go Colts.

No comments:

Post a Comment