Tuesday, January 25, 2011

S'mores Cookies!!


First, let me preface this. I am not a healthy eater. Nor am I a "cook." I can bake, but I don't make a lot of time to. And I typically do easy fast meals since I get home around 5, and we need to be eating by 6. Easy and fast are key.

So, S'mores Cookies. I found this recipe in a book called "Busy Woman's Cookbook." All of the recipes have 3-5 ingredients! And you know what that means? Less chance of me messing it up! Yay!! I made these for my Bible study group tonight. These were very easy to make, and most of them got eaten!

So here we go!
**I have posted the recipe step-by-step with pictures. But if that's just a tad too crazy, the regular old recipe is at the end of the blog. :)

First, your ingredients:

-1 can of sweetened condensed milk
-2(ish) cups of crushed graham crackers
-6oz(ish) of chocolate chips
-16(ish) large marshmallows.

I like adding ish to the ingredients. Because, really. You know as well as I do that it all depends on the mood you're in!
When I made these, I was in a more chocolate mood!


First, you want to get water boiling in the bottom half of your double broiler. If you have stove like mine, that might take awhile.


While that's getting started, crush your graham crackers:

These are mine. I did this by hand for two reasons.
One: I liked having some bigger chunks of the crackers.
Two: I really didn't feel like finding my food processor.

OK. So, your crackers are crushed and waiting to be used.
Your water is boiling.
You're ready to move on!

In the top half of your double broiler, put all the other ingredients!
(Sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, marshmallows)

Yummy. I love marshmallows.

Place this onto the stove, over the boiling water.

I love my double broiler! Fine, so maybe I've only used it two other times. But I still love it.

I mixed it the whole time! This does lead to a tired arm.


This looks gross now, but just wait.....

Yummmmmmm. Chocolate is good.


Once it's all melted and evenly mixed, remove it from the heat and mix in your graham cracker crumbs. You can do more or less than the two cups depending on how much texture you want.

Lovely.

Now, drop spoonfuls onto some waxed paper, and let them set overnight!

(Please note: This picture wasn't take like this. It was taken normally. I don't know how to rotate pictures on my blog. Help?!)

Delicious!!

These look just like traditional no-bake chocolate oatmeal cookies. But the texture is much different because of the marshmallows, so be prepared! They melt in your mouth!


And because it's the cutest thing ever, here's my husband and son during Bible time before bedtime:

Ezra reading his Bible.

Ezra saying his prayers.

I love it!


OK, for all you people who just want the facts, here ya go:

Ingredients:
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups crushed graham crackers
6oz chocolate chips
16 large marshmallows

Directions:
In a double broiler, combine the milk, chocolate, and marshmallows.
Mix over the heat until melted.
Once melted, remove from heat and mix in graham crackers.
Drop spoonfuls onto wax-lined cookie sheets.
Let set overnight.


Happy Baking and Happy Day, everybody!


3 comments:

  1. These look so good! I don't even have a double broiler but this makes me want to buy one. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I'm mad at you for posting this and forcing me to read it while in bed last night. these sound so good I am definitely making them maybe even tonight!

    so about this 'busy woman's cookbook' tell me more. Have you tried alot of the recipes out of it? Sounds like something right up my alley. Let me know if you like it and I may go out and get it.

    Hope you and that beautiful family of yours are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!
    And I love reading about the family I love and miss...

    ReplyDelete